Making a purchase
Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Debit, Electron, and American Express.
When placing your order, you will be asked to provide your card details for payment. Please note that at this point this is a pre-authorised transaction only and payment will not be taken from your card until we are ready to dispatch your order, or any individual items contained in that order if you are receiving more than one delivery per order.
In addition to the total amount charged for your order, we will hold a £1 pre-authorisation amount for up to 5 days. This will be refunded once your payment is complete.
In most cases, your order will be prepared for dispatch shortly after placing your order and in this instance, payment will be taken from your card at the same time.
Out of stock and busy periods
If we encounter any delays to your order or if the item you have ordered is out of stock, we will let you know as soon as possible. We will provide you with an estimated delivery date once the order is confirmed. If we cannot provide you with this, you will be offered a full refund if you have already paid by card.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver your goods as quickly as possible, during busy periods this may take longer than we would like.
All orders are dispatched via courier delivery service. Our couriers will deliver to the address stated on your order.
Proof of delivery is in place with all orders and this means that we will need a signature accepting the delivery. In the event that we are unable to deliver, a card will be left with instructions to arrange redelivery.
In the unlikely event that delivery cannot be made on two occasions, the goods will be returned to Dobbies and a further charge may be payable to have the goods re-dispatched.
Delivery of restricted items
Some of the products that we sell can be unsafe or dangerous to children. All goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 or over.
Our responsibilities to you
We sell products for your personal use in your home or garden. Some of these carry certain safety risks and must be used with caution and as advised in the accompanying product notes.
That said, we do accept liability for any losses in the event of personal injury, proven to be as a direct result of our negligence.
However, all other losses, direct and indirect, are excluded.
In our discretion, you may be refunded the price you paid for the product in the event of any complaint. Please refer to Refunds section.
Social media competitions
- 1. Dobbies social media competitions are run across Dobbies official social media profiles only:
- 2. The competition prize and end date information will be as stated within the social media posts.
- 3. Entries are only open to United Kingdom (UK) residents aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- 4. Competitions are not open to team members (or members of their immediate families) of Dobbies.
- 5. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- 6. Dobbies reserves the right to amend the competition end dates or to end a competition without prior notice at any time.
- 7. Automated entries, bulk entries or third-party entries will be disqualified.
- 8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
- 9. If you win the competition, we will notify you via an on-post comment and ask for your contact via a direct message to one of the accounts listed above. This request will be addressed from one of the above pages only. Please note that Dobbies do not operate other accounts within those platforms. Prizes will be delivered by email or by post.
- 10. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within one week, Dobbies reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
- 11. Prizes cannot be transferred to another person.
- 12. Prizes are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash, tickets or services.
- 14. By participating in a competition run via Dobbies’ social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), participants confirm they have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- 15. Whenever you submit an image as part of a competition entry, you give Dobbies permission to reuse imagery across their social media channels.
Dobbies reserves the right to offer a different prize to the same monetary value should the initial prize become unavailable
Pricing and descriptions
We have taken care to describe and show products as accurately as possible. Despite this, products may vary from their descriptions. If there is anything that you do not understand, or if you wish to obtain further information, please contact customer services here.
If there is a difference between the price for a product in the Dobbies store and the Dobbies website, you will be charged the price on the Dobbies website. The price offered in respect of a product on the Dobbies website may differ from the price offered at the same time in-store. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion in the event that it differs from those on the Dobbies website.
If, by mistake, we have under-priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel your order. In the event we cancel your order, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our return and refund policy.
All prices are inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
The price of a product does not include the delivery charge, which will depend on the delivery method you choose and will be added during checkout.
Kids Eat Free
One free kid’s meal from the Children’s Lunch Menu (lunch main + 2 sides + drink) per adult main meal purchased. Offer valid for a limited time only and meals subject to availability. Ask in store for details. May not be used in conjunction with any other offer promotion or discount. The Kids Eat Free Offer is not available with the purchase of an adult jacket potato or sandwich. Offer valid in any Dobbies Restaurant. Offer available all day.
Dobbies Club Plus Offers
£6 voucher: new Club Plus members
Terms and conditions: The voucher can only be claimed when joining Club Plus for the first time on or before the date specified in the mailing. Voucher must be presented with a Dobbies Club Plus membership card at the till at point of purchase. Voucher can only be used once, is valid for one transaction in the garden centre only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher. Offer must be redeemed by the expiry date given on the voucher. Not valid when purchasing gift cards, Dobbies Club Plus membership, services, Calor gas and in concessions. Offer not available online or in Dobbies Restaurants. Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with a Dobbies team member discount card.