For this craft you’ll need:
- Silicone ice cube moulds
- Colourful paper
- Wildflower seeds (you can use a mixed pack or choose a few varieties – Poppies and Chicory work well)
Step 1: Prepare the pulp
- Tear your coloured paper into small pieces.
- Then sort the pieces into bowls of the same colour and cover them with water.
- Soak the paper for 30 minutes.
- Next, squeeze out the water and get an adult to add them to a blender. They should blend until it creates a pulp. Repeat for each colour.
Step 2: Adding to your moulds
- After the paper is blended, give it a final squeeze to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Use the pulp to fill your mould halfway. Keep pushing down to make sure it’s nice and tight.
Step 3: Add your seeds
- Sprinkle some seeds on top of the half-filled mould. You can add as many as you like.
- Then, press more pulp on top to fill the rest of the mould.
Step 4: Wait
- You’ll need to leave the moulds for 2-3 days in a sunny spot to help dry them out. Only remove them when they’re completely dry. They should pop out easily because of the silicone moulds.
Step 5: Get planting
- Toss your wildflower seed bombs into soil, you can also dig a little hole first. If it’s very dry, you can add some water to help them along.
- They also make a great gift for friends and family if you have any spare.