- Flower pot 30cm+ deep
- Multi-purpose or John Innes compost
- Bulbs for the three layers
- Hand trowel
- Horticultural grit
- Bulb starter
- Gardening gloves
- Bedding plants
- Watering can
Available in-store or online
Step by step guide
- Add 5cm of compost to the bottom of your pot (30cm deep).
- Place the bottom layer of bulbs with the pointed end up. Cover with compost.
- Repeat with the middle layer of bulbs, ensuring they don't touch.
- Do the same with the top layer of bulbs and fill the pot with compost.
- Plant violas and pansies on the top for instant colour.
Top tip: Choose bedding plant colours to match your bulbs
Know your bulbs
Big bold bulbs that will make a statement include tall Daffodils, Tulips and Alliums.
Smaller bulbs that still pack a lot of flower include Hyacinth, mid-size Tulips and mid-size Daffodils.
More delicate bulbs for a pretty early display, choose Crocus, Iris or Muscari.