The Dobbies team is passionate about helping the communities around all our stores. We want to help make our local landscape a little bit greener, benefit people living in the local area and help boost wellbeing with green spaces and gardening projects.
Nominations for Help Your Community Grow are invited. Entries can be completed by someone involved in the project or a supporter.
Up to 3 photos should uploaded with the entry form as this will help illustrate your project – it’s not essential. This needs to be a minimum of 1MB and labelled as the name of the project.
All forms should be completed by someone who is over 18.
- Strength of story – what is the project and why does it need our support?
- Practicality – is this a project where we can make a difference?
- Sustainability – is there an environmental angle to the project?
- Any additional things that need to be considered for this project.
Scoring system: 4 points – excellent. 3 points – very good. 2 points – good. 1 point – poor. Zero points – unsatisfactory
All submissions will be reviewed by the relevant local store team, who will assess the written submission and photography. Using the scoring system outlined, a shortlist will be announced and a shortlist of up to 3 projects will go to the public vote. The project with the most public votes will be supported with products and advice. No cash donations will be made.
The shortlist project may be verified with an arranged video call to confirm all supplied details are correct.
Terms & Conditions:
- This is open to community groups, charities, schools and other good causes
- Must be a gardening project that requires gardening equipment and advice
- Not open to Dobbies’ team members or their immediate family
- No cash donations will be given
- An adult over the age of 18 must complete the nomination form.
- Closing date is 27 March 2023. Entries after this date will not be accepted
- Entrants must be UK residents and the area nominated must be in the UK
- Only one entry per project will be accepted
- Winners will be asked to take part in promotional activities related to the competition. This will include being named and or being photographed to appear in press publications
- By entering your project images into the competition, you grant permission to Dobbies exclusive license to reproduce the images for purposes outlined below. You also grant permission for photography when the projects are complete:
- Promotion of Help Your Community Grow on Dobbies’ social media accounts
- Inclusion on dobbies.com
- Printing of images in local media. We will ask that the press credit photographers where the images are used but cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions
- Photographs supporting nominations must have been taken within the last year and verification may take place during the shortlisting process
- Photographs must be unedited and unfiltered